SVR logo Wolverhampton Branch
Severn Valley Railway

Supporting the SVR since 1967

SVR Wolverhampton & The Harper Bros. coach

SVR Wolverhampton Branch's coach was built in 1959 and also carries a Burlingham Seagull body. However, our vehicle is on a Wolverhampton built Guy Arab chassis. It was No. 59 in the fleet of Harper Bros. of Heath Hayes, Cannock.

Following the take-over of Harper Bros. by the National Bus Co. the coach was sold to SVRA (Wolverhampton) in 1975 for 150. Requiring very little extra expenditure to make roadworthy, the coach was used for three years on mostly local outings and was taken to the

SVR Wolverhampton & The Harper Bros. coach

SVR Wolverhampton Branch's coach was built in 1959 and also carries a Burlingham Seagull body. However, our vehicle is on a Wolverhampton built Guy Arab chassis. It was No. 59 in the fleet of Harper Bros. of Heath Hayes, Cannock.

Following the take-over of Harper Bros. by the National Bus Co. the coach was sold to SVRA (Wolverhampton) in 1975 for 150. Requiring very little extra expenditure to make roadworthy, the coach was used for three years on mostly local outings and was taken to the National Tramway Museum at Crich, and to shows at Bromyard and Bishop's Castle.

In 1978 the coach was placed on loan to the Leyland Commercial Vehicle Museum. It was moved to Inskip for undercover storage and restoration in 1994.



| Branch Home Page | SVR-Net | SVR "Official" Home Page |

Created by: [Mail Us] Dave Rowley, June 23rd 2003
->